Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goals and Resolutions

Prepare Myself: Good plans shape good decisions. And a good plan starts with goals and an action plan. I have to decide what I want to accomplish, and need to develop my action plan. My goals need to be  specific, realistic and attainable. Then I need to develop some short term goals to help me reach my long term goals. I need to begin, be flexible, in case something doesn't work and might need to be adjusted to benefit the process of achieving my goal. "Expect the unexpected." Recognize areas of difficulty and prepare a plan t work through those obstacles.

Ask for Help:
I need to surround myself with supportive people & the tools to encourage success. Assertively ask for assistance, as I need it. Speak up. When I make an effort to ask for what I need, I will be more actively thinking about achieving.  (tough one for me, I usually give help, not ask for it)

Managing My Thoughts:
Positive Thinking causes positive results. Reflect on what I can do, praise myself for what I have done.

Manage My Feelings:
Working through my emotions without over eating or over reacting. Make myself aware of the feelings that trigger these reactions. Discover healthy ways to handle emotions.

Take Care of Myself:
I deserve some attention too. I need to value myself more and my personal needs more. Make time to do the things that I enjoy. I need to learn to say "no" and to not feel guilty about it. (Though there are a few people I can never say "no" to.)  When I make a habit of taking care of myself, I will feel empowered and rejuvenate. My goals will become more important to me as an individual.

Managing My Environment:
Surrounding myself with means and motivation to be successful. Minimize the "triggers", and minimize the temptations to stray.

Monitoring Myself:
Awareness works and can motivate me to succeed. Keep track of what I am eating and doing. This will help me rein myself in, when I get off track. It will help me to sense patterns and triggers Help me to be prepared. Success is the sum of small parts, repeated daily.

Learn from Experience:
Mine and others; past, present and future. When I recognize what works and what doesn't, I can move forward accordingly. Recognizing my "failures", as feedback and understand the benefit that they have to offer. Make adjustments as needed. Don't be afraid to start again. Learn from the past, it empowers us to make better decisions in the present. Be aware that every experience is valuable, when we are able to pt them into context. Understand the behaviors that encourage me towards my goals and helps to create a confidence that reinforces your progress and success. When I evaluate my past, I empower myself to repeat the success and avoid the obstacles

My goals for this year are to be healthier, financially responsible, creative, family orientated, and to be  motivated and inspiring.

No comments: